It’s been an intense year of evolution and competitive adjustments for the nation’s most prominent English-language Latino news and community platforms.
If you’ve been paying attention to them or not, this session will help you catch up on the different content and editorial opportunities that now exist at NBC Latino, Fox News Latino, Voxxi and Fusion and more.
In this session you’ll meet four of these top news portals and you’ll discover how each of these Latino platforms differentiate themselves in an increasingly competitive marketplace for content and readers.
In this session you will learn:
- How these platforms differentiate themselves from the older Hispanic portals like Terra, Univision.com and Yahoo en Español
- What’s new and coming up at each of the news portals
- The content, focus and style differences between the major Hispanic news portals
- How to collaborate with each platform to either contribute or generate content through them
- The plans each platform has to capture Hispanic audiences
- The Do’s and Don’ts for pitching them on potential story ideas
Lance Rios, Founder and CEO, Being Latino Online
Francisco Cortes, Director, FOX News Latino
Chris Peña, Executive Editor, NBC Latino
Emilio Sanchez, Editor in Chief, Voxxi
Hirania Luzardo, News Editor, HuffPost Voces
Nuria Net, Managing Editor, Features - Digital at Fusion (the ABC and Univision joint venture)